Unwanted change in file list display area

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Unwanted change in file list display area

Postby rappel » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:55 pm

I'm not really sure what's going on. I've been using BRU for a couple of years, mainly for a single use case.

Recently it started to behave differently in terms of what it is displaying and I can't figure out why. I haven't changed anything to my knowledge because it just does what I want each time. But... Any assistance gratefully received.

Wish I could insert an image but a description will have to do as I don't use public file servers.

So we're talking about the area that has the columns - name, new name, size and whatever one may have added.

Normally I simply right click a file in a directory to load BRU and then it loads and shows in those columns all the files from the directory that I was in in explorer. Then I do what I need to do.

Now, when I right click a file, these still load OK, but at the top I also see a selection of the top level directories from my C: drive. Not all, just some and they are highlighted in a light pinky/orange washy sort of colour. This is quite disruptive as I have to select these out. (The C: drive line in the left tree pane is also in bold. but whether it used to look like that or not I don't know. I always go to directory and use the explorer context menu to load BRU so I never look at the left poane, just check the main file list is right.) Why these root directories should be displayed I don't know, they have nothing to do with the directory I am looking at, most of the data directories I work with are on a couple of NAS drives.

Any idea why these root directories are showing?
Any idea why only some?

[b]...but most importantly... How can I revert to the behaviour of files from the directory only and nothing from the root of C:?[/b]

thanks.
rappel

Re: Unwanted change in file list display area

Postby therube » Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:28 pm

12:Filters, unselect, Folders ?

(I don't have the context-menu, so can't say for sure.)
therube

Return to BRU Support