Filter with Metadata

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Filter with Metadata

Postby Sporadic » Tue May 30, 2023 5:21 pm

Hi guys!

I have a use case where I want to rename all photos in my OneDrive to a certain format, and move all renamed photos to a specific folder. I have that first part down.

Now, I am facing a challenge with photos that do not have the relevant metadata to allow for renaming according to my configuration. I find that these photos are "processed" as if they had no problem. The result is that the file is not actually renamed but still is moved to the folder for photos that have been renamed.

Long story short, how can I filter out photos/images that do not have "Date Taken" metadata? I want these to stay in the original folder and remain untouched so I can manually sort through them.

Much obliged!
Sporadic

Re: Filter with Metadata

Postby Luuk » Wed May 31, 2023 5:09 am

With the paid version, Filters(12) can use a "Condition" like... fileProperty('exif:DateTimeOriginal')
So then, clicking the blue-arrows beside "Mask" will only present names with having this metadata.

Without the paid version, can right-click the file-listing column-header, and put a checkmark for Taken(Original).
So then, you can click that column-header to separate the different files, with and without having this metadata.
But would just have to be very careful, so then selecting only the names with having this metadata.
Luuk

Return to BRU Support