Remove Text in Parentheses

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Remove Text in Parentheses

Postby rjharle » Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:20 pm

I have searched the forum and the BRU manual and cannot seem to find what I'm looking for, and I apologize if I missed it. My problem is I have a number of files that contain text in Parentheses that interferes with the music program trying to show the song's lyrics. So this is what I'm looking for:

Artist - Title (Text).M4a or Artist - (Text) Title,M4a to just Artist - Title.M4a .......... (the (text) could be on either side of the title)

I need to remove the (Text) from every file. I do realize that the music program uses information in the songs "Tag" my plan is to clear the tags and the (text) then re-index the files which will put the cleared Artist and Tile into the tag without the (text).

I would appreciate any help with this matter. Thank You
rjharle

Re: Remove Text in Parentheses

Postby therube » Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:06 pm

5:Remove, Crop -> Special: (*)

That will remove the (first) instance of a set of parenthesis & the text enclosed within those parenthesis.
Code: Select all
Alexandre Tansman Symphony No. 7 (1944) Oleg Caetani _ Melbourne Symphony Orchestra (152kbit_Opus).ogg
->   Alexandre Tansman Symphony No. 7  Oleg Caetani _ Melbourne Symphony Orchestra (152kbit_Opus).ogg

Note that (1994) is removed, but (152kbit_Opus) is retained.

(Test & make sure you're getting the results you're expecting.)
therube

Postby rjharle » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:13 pm

therube wrote:5:Remove, Crop -> Special: (*)

That will remove the (first) instance of a set of parenthesis & the text enclosed within those parenthesis.
Alexandre Tansman Symphony No. 7 (1944) Oleg Caetani _ Melbourne Symphony Orchestra (152kbit_Opus).ogg
->   Alexandre Tansman Symphony No. 7  Oleg Caetani _ Melbourne Symphony Orchestra (152kbit_Opus).ogg

Thank You - It worked fine.
rjharle

Postby dec » Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:30 am

therube wrote:5:Remove, Crop -> Special: (*)

and presumably you could run re-iteratively and remove all ()

i must check what 'Special' can be used for ... prob some things that i could have used before, like that example
dec

Return to BRU Support