Sorting, renaming and saving subtitle files

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Sorting, renaming and saving subtitle files

Postby Fetterbr » Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:04 pm

Hi. I am new to this forum but i have a specific task i need to get done. I have lots of subtitle files for movies what i need to get to work with a media program named Kodi. For kodi to see the local subtitle files they need to be saved together with the movie but also having the movie name.
Exp Matrix (2006).avi the subtitle file needs to be Matrix (2006).srt Each movie needs to be in separate folder also named the movie name.
Today the movies are named with codes xxxxx-xxx (2006) Describtion.avi So first to be done is to see if the movie has a matching subtile file. If no, skip, if yes change name same move file and save new renamed file in movie folder etc... I have this to be done around 10000 movies. I nned someone to tell me if BRU can help me on this project.
Thanks and ask if any qyuestion
Fetterbr

Re: Sorting, renaming and saving subtitle files

Postby therube » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:36 pm

Existing .srt are also named with codes?

Considering you're wanting to change to Codes to Names, BRU's Rename Pairs feature might handle part of what you need.

12345-678 (2006) a really funny movie.avi|Matrix (2006) not really funny, huh?.avi

And then it would also be a simple matter of using the same set of pairs as a basis for the .srt end (by changing the file extension).

As far as the moving part... ?
(And Kodi really wants each "pair" in a same named directory? You would think it would be rather open in its' requirements, even so much as to simply have all movies/.srt in a single directory.)
therube

Return to BRU Support