Strange item is list when I run BRU

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Strange item is list when I run BRU

Postby Bruster » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:25 am

Hello. BRU is awesome!

Recently, each time I run BRU, it opens with a single item in the main window's list, where I would normally drag files for renaming. BRU used to open without any items in the windows.

The item appears to be a path to a Samsung phone (see below) but I don't know how it got into BRU, much less every time I run the program.

\\?\usb#vid_04e8&pid_6860&ms_comp_mtp&samsung_android#7&10aae2e5&1&0000#{6ac27878-a6fa-4155-ba85-f98f491d4f33}

How can I get rid of this so that BR opens empty when I run it. I'm running the portable version 3.4.3.0.

Thank you!
Bruster

Re: Strange item is list when I run BRU

Postby Admin » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:10 am

Hi, under File -> Favourites in the BRU menu, do you have "store pathname" enabled?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Strange item is list when I run BRU

Postby therube » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:22 pm

BRU "portable" is not portable in the sense that it does not use the Windows Registry (AFAIK).

If you paste a directory name into the "Folder" bar (& hit return), that path is stored in the Windows Registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TGRMN Software\Bulk Rename Utility\Settings).

If you then close, then reopen BRU, that same folder is reloaded.

If were to blank out that directory name (in the Folder bar) [& hit return], at that point the saved setting is gone (set to "") & if you were to close & reopen, BRU would then open clean(er).
therube

Return to BRU Support