Manipulating "Date Taken" field

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Manipulating "Date Taken" field

Postby crookesa » Thu May 28, 2009 8:47 pm

Hi,

I have a lot of photos from a few cameras during a weekend away but unfortunately the date and time on the cameras were all different so when I go to bulk rename them they are not in chronological order.
Is there any way lets say of adding 2 hours and 34 mins onto all the photos that are out so that I can then bulk rename them and have them in the proper order after renaming them?
I know that this may not be a feature of BRU but would appreciate any help in fixing this.

Thanks,

Alan... :)
crookesa

Re: Manipulating "Date Taken" field

Postby dachenbach » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:33 am

crookesa,
I had to do this exact same thing after a recent vacation. We had multiple cameras that had different times set and I needed to sync them for the reason you describe. I downloaded a utility called jhead.exe that worked great. It can be found here: http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/jhead/

To adjust the date taken field, for example, 2 and a half hours into the future from when it was taken, issue the following command:
Code: Select all
jhead.exe -ta+2:30 photoname.jpg 

Note you can use something like *.jpg instead of a single filename to do the operation on multiple files at once. Hope that helps.
dachenbach

Return to BRU Support