BRU messed up vista (update:BRU had nothing to do with it!)

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

BRU messed up vista (update:BRU had nothing to do with it!)

Postby vontracker » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:05 pm

problem #1:
On my desktop I make a new folder and name it 'test'.
I copy this folder ('test') and paste it to my desktop.

Normally windows response to (Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V) would create a new folder and the folders name would be something like 'test - copy' or 'test(2)' But since installing BRU windows will not do that anymore. Instead Windows now creates a new folder named '_2' . Yep thats right, a nameless folder. And even more oddly inside this nameless folder it creates a second new folder and names it '_2test'.

I decided to try this with a simple text file. I make a new text file and I name it 'test.txt' and copy it and paste and windows creates a new text file named 'test_2.txt' .

What makes all this so messed up you ask? I have uninstalled BRU and even did a system restore! Yet these problems still exist!! It seems to me that BRU has perminently altered more than just my registry. I am not amused.

Luckily the problem i'm having is only effecting the user account to which i installed this thing. Also Vista now runs sluggish, and sometimes unresponsive. I even have trouble opening task manager. Needless to say I have done my best to uninstall BRU, however I'm not sure all its components have been removed.

note: Running Windows vista home Premium. 32bit. This is a new installation patched up to SP1

PLEASE HELP!! Tell me how do I fully remove this program from my system and undo the changes ???
vontracker

Re: BRU messed up my vista

Postby vontracker » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:31 pm

my bad. It looks like BRU had nothing to do with it. The problem is with a program called 'TeraCopy'. Simply changed some of its settings and PooF! all better :D
vontracker

Return to BRU Support