Hidden files do not appear?

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Hidden files do not appear?

Postby MitchV » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:43 pm

I apologize in advance for the large image, but the BB doesn't allow the URL and I couldn't append a thumbnail.

I've searched the forums and found that similar question have been asked before, but I did not find a resolution:
http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=830&p=2701
http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=353

My predicament is this (hopefully I can save others from my pain). Windows Media Player has resized my glorious CD album artwork images... many of my images were 500X500 and WMP has seen fit to squish them down to 200X200 without asking me. This represents a loss of many hours of work. :evil:

I am willing to track down much of my altered artwork, but I am no longer confident using the typical convention of "folder.jpg" For this reason, I will work around Windows and set up my various applications to look for "Cover.jpg."

The first step in this process is renaming my existing folder.jpg files, as well as resetting the file attributes (Windows has also made many of the read-only and hidden).

I'm running Windows 7, and as described in the above URLs, many of my "folder.jpg" files do not appear. For example, I have selected one directory and though the search clearly shows 5 candidates for renaming, none of them appear in BRU.

Why are these files not available in the selection box?

Thanks!
Mitch
MitchV

Re: Hidden files do not appear?

Postby MitchV » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:45 pm

Some of the image may be "cropped" by the forum... I intentionally left it large so that the full file path could be displayed - it's there, just not viewable in the forum.

Thanks again
MitchV

Postby Admin » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:03 pm

In Selection (12), try selecting the Hidden option. thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Postby MitchV » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:13 pm

In the screenshot the Hidden option is selected.

Another observation that may help... I downloaded CKRename and it has the same problem - hidden files do not appear.
MitchV

Postby Admin » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:18 pm

It looks like folder.jpg is in "the wishing chair" sub-folder , not in 10.000 maniacs
thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Postby MitchV » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:47 pm

Admin wrote:It looks like folder.jpg is in "the wishing chair" sub-folder , not in 10.000 maniacs
thanks

Subfolders is selected in Section 12 in the screenshot too.

I use the same path throughout my collection:

Artist\Album\ Track Files or Artwork

If the artwork file is not "hidden" it appears in the BRU GUI.
MitchV

Postby MitchV » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:13 pm

I replaced all the old hidden "Folder.jpg" images in those directories so I could show that BRU displays the files correct if they are not hidden. The attached screenshot shows the exact same BRU settings and exactly same directory structure. The only difference here is that the new files are not hidden... perhaps there is a security difference (I wonder if BRU needs some specific Windows security settings to work properly).

MitchV

Return to BRU Support