Adding characters after Auto-Numbering

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Adding characters after Auto-Numbering

Postby JPizzle1122 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:38 am

I have an interesting specific question regarding the auto-numbering feature.

Specifically, I have a bunch of folders, all with sequentially numbered photos, as they came off my camera. "IMG_136", etc.

They're already grouped out by category in each folder - but what I'd like to be able to do is select 10 folders at once... and have all the files in each of the 10 folders be named according their individual folder. Now... this is something I figured out how to do just fine... but I am curious as to how I can add a closing parethesis to the auto-numbering. Setting Rule 10 to "Insert" Mode works... but only if you know the exact number of characters. I'm doing multiple folders at once, so that function doesn't work.

Long story short - I want to add a " ) " character *after* the Suffix-Mode of auto-number... but before the file extension.

Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks for your help.

- Jon
JPizzle1122

Re: Adding characters after Auto-Numbering

Postby JPizzle1122 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:53 am

Actually... I just discovered you can set Mode insert at "-1"... and so long as Step #9 has " ()" ... the auto-numbers will get stuck between those ending characters. Well, thanks for reading I guess... maybe this will help someone out, who knows?
JPizzle1122

Re: Adding characters after Auto-Numbering

Postby Stefan » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:25 pm

You are right:
Numbering(10) Insert at "-1"

And for your first question:
Jon> I want to add a " ) " character *after* the Suffix-Mode of auto-number... but before the file extension.
Use
Add(7) Insert ')' at pos. '-1'
But then there have to be an opening '(' alread?

If this is not the case use
Add(7) Suffix '()'
Numbering(10) Insert at "-1"
Stefan

Return to BRU Support