Snag when using 'Rename' in file selection list

Post any general comments regarding Bulk Rename Utility here. Open to all registered users.

Snag when using 'Rename' in file selection list

Postby Astarte » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:45 pm

I've only just started using BRU and like it already. However, habits die hard and I found myself able to cause the application to hang quite easily. Scenario as follows:

I had selected a directory containing files to rename. Bulk Rename worked well.

I then noticed a single error in one filename so, based on my usual Windows Explorer experience, I clicked on the filename (in the file selection window) which highlighted it then clicked again a second later. This forced the Windows 'Rename' option - same as from the context menu or the F2key. I then made the correction I wanted and clicked on another file to finish the operation. This resulted in the '1 file and/or folders are about to be processed!' dialogue and the system appeared to do nothing. The cancel button closed the dialogue but left the filename 'attached' to my cursor. I had to force a frame re-write to clear the snag.

I know this isn't intended to be a feature of a Bulk processor but it would be useful to make discrete changes like this. Either that or the feature should be disabled

If anyone has comments about this I'd be pleased to view them - I did try to search the forums for similar topics but found nothing.
Astarte

Return to General Comments