How to start on Dir.

Post any general comments regarding Bulk Rename Utility here. Open to all registered users.

How to start on Dir.

Postby akkeghany » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:08 pm

I have looked and cannot find how to have BRU start on a lower level folder. It always opens on C:, and I have to migrate down 3 or 4 levels.
akkeghany

Re: How to start on Dir.

Postby bitmonger » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:55 pm

Why don't you select the directory you want in the Windows Explorer tree, right click, and select Bulk Rename Here.
It will open on that directory.
bitmonger

Postby akkeghany » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:17 am

When I right click on the directory I want, there is no Bulk Rename Here option. What am I missing?
akkeghany

Postby Stefan » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:46 am

akkeghany wrote:When I right click on the directory I want, there is no Bulk Rename Here option. What am I missing?

As always in such situation; always mention your used environment: which OS? How many bit? Which BRU version? Installed or portable?

---

The context menu entry "Bulk Rename Here" is only installed if one use the BRU installer (BRU_Setup_xxxx.exe) to bring BRU on his box.

If one use the portable zipped "No-Installer" version (BRU_NoInstall.zip) there is no system change at all, of course.

Download page wrote:
http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Download.php

Code: Select all
If you download the "No-Installer" version then you won't benefit from the "Bulk Rename Here" context-menu,
nor will *.BRU files be associated with the application. However, you will have a fully working program which is
portable and can be run from a write-protected disc, or on a computer where you have no installation privileges.

---

But the context menu handler is delivered with the zip archive too > "BRU\All\BRUHere64.dll" and "BRU\All\BRUHere.dll"
You only have to register it on each pc you work on.

Downloaded archive BRU_NoInstall.zip\NoInstall Readme.txt wrote:

Code: Select all
If you wish to take advantage of the "Bulk Rename Here" Shell Extensions then run command
   REGSVR32 BRUHere.dll
from the program directory.

This means:
- be sure to have this DLL at an place where it will stay for ever. (at default in the same folder as the BRU exe too.)
   (Because if you move this DLL later the context menu item will not longer work)
- open an DOS-Box (dos command prompt) (In the Run tab type in the following command: cmd)
- In the cmd console enter the following command:  REGSVR32  X:\your path\to\BRUHere.dll
- press enter key
You should see an message like: DllRegisterServer in  BRUHere.dll succeeded

Picture-Google for picture "653-screen-shot3.png" to get an clue how that could look.
Stefan

Return to General Comments