Error-can't write over an existing file

Post any general comments regarding Bulk Rename Utility here. Open to all registered users.

Error-can't write over an existing file

Postby Darth » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:48 pm

I am brand new using this program, and I got it to work for a while, then all of a sudden it refused to put the date taken on the image saying "error-can't write over an existing file. I tried closing the program, reopening the files I wanted to work with, but I keep getting the same error. :?:
Darth

Re: Error-can't write over an existing file

Postby Stefan » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:51 pm

Darth wrote:I am brand new using this program, and I got it to work for a while, then all of a sudden it refused to put the date taken on the image saying "error-can't write over an existing file. I tried closing the program, reopening the files I wanted to work with, but I keep getting the same error. :?:

I own a car for a few months. All works fine, but all of a sudden it shows "error" in the display. I try to switch the ignition off and on, but I keep getting the same error. :?:
Stefan

Re: Error-can't write over an existing file

Postby Darth » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:27 pm

Darth wrote:I am brand new using this program, and I got it to work for a while, then all of a sudden it refused to put the date taken on the image saying "error-can't write over an existing file. I tried closing the program, reopening the files I wanted to work with, but I keep getting the same error. :?:

It seems my problem was choosing "none" to start the new file name and since there was already files by the same name, it couldn't write over them. Picking "rn" or "img" solved the problem. Thanks due to support.
Darth

Return to General Comments