Files on a server

Post any general comments regarding Bulk Rename Utility here. Open to all registered users.

Files on a server

Postby skifreak » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:20 pm

hi, i'm new to this forum. i downloaded the BRU to assist with renaming my files so that Boxee will recognize them. I've run into a small problem - when i open up BRU it will let me search for files that are on my computer, but not on my network. since everything is stored on a server, this is a problem since it doesn't make sense to transfer everything to my desktop, run BRU and then transfer it all back to the server.

i was hoping that somebody might have a simple suggestion for me? i'm not very familiar with running software directly on the windows server, so would rather not go down that path if possible.

thanks,
dm
skifreak

Re: Files on a server

Postby skifreak » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:57 am

oops, i answered my own question - didn't realize i could drop and drag into BRU. works like a charm.
skifreak

Postby Heretic » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:10 am

Hi, listen, don't put yourself down. I came on here for the first time looking for the little nugget of wisdom you just shared. I have precisely the same problem as you, and now know how to fix it. :D
Heretic

Postby Admin » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:26 pm

Alternatively you could map the network path to a drive letter and use that letter in BRU:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/4026635/windows-map-a-network-drive
Admin
Site Admin

Return to General Comments