HIDDEN FILES

Post any general comments regarding Bulk Rename Utility here. Open to all registered users.

HIDDEN FILES

Postby SKYTALKER » Mon May 18, 2015 12:34 pm

I'm sure that someone has already asked this question but I can't find the answer. When I try to access the files in a folder, BRU doesn't list PDF, TXT, and a couple of other types. I'm sure there is some setting that I have set in the wrong position, but I haven't been able to find it. I just want to be able to rename all of the files in a folder and they're not appearing.
Thanks for any help
SKYTALKER

Re: HIDDEN FILES

Postby Stefan » Tue May 19, 2015 11:53 am

SKYTALKER wrote:I just want to be able to rename all of the files in a folder and they're not appearing.

Try

Selection(12) Filter: *

in the lower left of BRU.

http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Screenshots.php
Stefan

Postby SKYTALKER » Wed May 20, 2015 9:04 am

Thanks Stephan,
That option is already selected, I guess. I see the R for reset button, but there is no box to check. Otherwise, the * is already in Box 12.
SKYTALKER

Postby Stefan » Wed May 20, 2015 9:43 am

On default you should be able to access every file types. (if not restricted by utilizing "Selection(12) Filter:")

But if your subject line "HIDDEN FILES" here is true and your files have the hidden attribute set, then BRU won't show them.

And the "Selection(12) Hidden[_]" check box doesn't work as indented also.
(http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=875)

I just tested that with the old v2.7.1.1 (32-bit, 2008) on W7/64.

So me think, as long as you files have the hidden attribute set, you're out of luck.
If they don't have the hidden attribute set, then I'm out of help.

Stefan

Return to General Comments