New release questions (3.0.1)

Post any general comments regarding Bulk Rename Utility here. Open to all registered users.

New release questions (3.0.1)

Postby Crazypills » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:17 pm

I previously used 2.7 or whatever, and was perfectly happy with it. I needed to reinstall and so I lost my old one, so I downloaded what I assumed would be the same version, but now I have 3.

First, this new release has more buttons than I want, and I'd like a way to remove or hide some of the options, but basically the bottom half (6, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14) as I don't use those at all on a normal basis. All that bottom crap takes up so much room that I can hardly see the files I'm tryin to rename.

Second, I can't figure out a way to start my file tree a level up, so I can see network items. This is something I had set previously, but this time I can't find the option for it. Jump to path also doesn't work for me. This is a problem.

Can anyone help me with these things? I would greatly appreciate it.
Crazypills

Re: New release questions (3.0.1)

Postby Admin » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:04 am

Hi,

Thank you for the comments.

Re first point, you are right we will need to add an option to hide renaming options that are not used.
Re second, BRU does not support network paths at the moment, but you can mapped a network location to a drive and then rename with BRU.

thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Return to General Comments