Severe functionality with BRU 3.01 64 bit

Post any general comments regarding Bulk Rename Utility here. Open to all registered users.

Severe functionality with BRU 3.01 64 bit

Postby archielukas » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:19 pm

Huzzah I thought finally a new version, so I removed BRU 2.7.3.1
and installed BRU 3.01

What a disaster!

There is no entry on my Win 10 menus, I did of course find it and create the link myself.

There is no functionality when you right-click a file for renaming in Win Explorer - but the entry is there, it just does nothing whatsoever!

Once BRU has been opened manually, it is impossible to change folders quickly as the folder tree reverts back to the drive root by default.
This is a right butt-pain when you have 5 Hard discs and a series of photos to rename with meaningful file names.

The interface is cluttered and very fugly indeed :mrgreen:

Sadly I had to use System Restore to go back to yesterday to remove 3.01 and replace with BRU 2.7.3.1
It seems impossible to find the old version and LOADS OF PEOPLE on here are asking for it back.

Please consider listing the old versions on the download site.

Win 10
Powerful PC
Up-to-date
PC Tutor

Yes - I did make a *.rar file of the installation this time
archielukas

Re: Severe functionality with BRU 3.01 64 bit

Postby therube » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:16 pm

There is no functionality when you right-click a file for renaming in Win Explorer - but the entry is there, it just does nothing whatsoever!

Not sure what you mean, but...
If you want to "manually" rename (inline) - from within the BRU window, then F2 would do it.

If you want to rename - from a Context Menu (& in this case, it is a Windows context menu - at least for me in XP, via Properties), then that will rename the file on disk, but that change is not reflected in the BRU window.

(Oh, & I'm not using the installer, so I do not have a BRU context-menu item, so I don't know how that might or might not behave?)

Once BRU has been opened manually, it is impossible to change folders quickly as the folder tree reverts back to the drive root by default.

Could you explain further, the reverting part?
I gather you're starting from the BRU context-menu item from within Windows Explorer or similar?

This is a right butt-pain when you have 5 Hard discs and a series of photos to rename with meaningful file names.

I often find it easier to find files with a different application (like Everything 1.4.1 Beta) & drag those wanted files into BRU.
therube

Return to General Comments