Renaming to include YYYYMMDD + Counter

Post any general comments regarding Bulk Rename Utility here. Open to all registered users.

Renaming to include YYYYMMDD + Counter

Postby regmeister » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:43 pm

I just installed this and am reading though the help file and can't seem to determine how to process what I'm looking for. If someone can point me in the area to look at that would be appreciated.

This is what I'm looking to do, for example:

yyyymmdd.jpg > front_yard_yyyymmdd(todays date)_01(counter).jpg

Wanting to organize images from my security camera's. So I have multiple folders which will have many files, would I be able to run some kind of batch/script file or maybe have a profile set-up for each folder?
regmeister

Re: Renaming to include YYYYMMDD + Counter

Postby therube » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:41 pm

Do the pictures contain EXIF data in them?
If so, then maybe BRU can use that. (Renaming Options | ID3/Exif...)

And then, not clear on how you're wanting your output names?

In any case, 7:Add [front_yard_], 8:Auto Data, & 10:Numbering would get you there, I'd think.
therube

Postby regmeister » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:58 pm

No EXIF data in them.

So where would the renaming be done.....so according to your response if I start in box :7, this would remove the date correct?
regmeister

Postby regmeister » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:14 pm

regmeister wrote:No EXIF data in them.

So where would the renaming be done.....so according to your response if I start in box :7, this would remove the date correct?

Actually I figured it out. So I need to perform this to several folders with different naming conventions, is there a way to run this as a batch file or will I need to set-up the process and save it and manually run it for each folder (open utility > open folder in utility > run the saved profile)?
regmeister

Return to General Comments