filesize append

Post any general comments regarding Bulk Rename Utility here. Open to all registered users.

filesize append

Postby inkblob » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:51 am

first off, this is a great app and works great at exactly what it's supposed to, bravo dev! I have been a longtime user of flexible renamer but also have been on the lookout for some time for a renaming feature so took the opportunity during the latest format storm to look into other renaming options and most paths pointed here. my most recent renaming adventure was to sort a whole bunch of screenshots that had the same filename with a,b,c appended by me when I moved them to a seperate folder, putting them all out of chronological order by my hand renaming scheme. I used bulk renamer to sort by creation date, appended the date, seperators and prefixed a numbering system and the screenshots are sorted just so and quickly.

my question is there anyway of adding the filesize automatically to the filename? I did a search in the forum and found lots of hits for filesize columns so not sure if this has been discussed before. ideally what I'd like to do is take the filesize in either b,kb,mb,gb etc and add that variable to the filename(s). is that a function of this program or is it even possible?

regardless, great program and very easy to use :)
inkblob

Re: filesize append

Postby Admin » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:34 am

Hi,

No it's not currently possibly, but it's a good suggestion and will be easy for me to implement. I already have the facility to copy filesize to the clipboard so I shall add this as one of the tags in the "Additions" section.

This will be in the next release.

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Re: filesize append

Postby inkblob » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:47 am

that's neat to hear Jim! you've made an amazing program here and will use it for my future renaming schemes. thanks for responding so promptly and for creating a place where it's ok to geek out about something like renaming ;)
inkblob

Return to General Comments