Boycott HP!

Post any general comments regarding Bulk Rename Utility here. Open to all registered users.

Boycott HP!

Postby SoftGil » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:47 pm

Posted by Jim Willsher on Sunday, 30th March 2008 at 9:47AM

I'm abusing my position here, knowing that this page gets lots of hits.

My HP nx9420 Laptop dies this week. 14 months old, e.g. two months outside warranty. I called HP. They were not the slightest bit interested. No offer to help with the costs, or to help pay for labour if I paid for parts. Nothing. Even if the laptop had been one day out of warranty, they would not be interested.

Do they have any faith in their own brand?

I know of a situation recently with a Panasonic product, which failed eight months outside warraty. Panasonic offered to pay for parts as it was so close outside warranty.

So, stuff you HP. I'll not be buying any of your stuff again, and nor will my colleagues. Not if you can't see beyond yourselves to assist with something which has clearly failed too early.

Very poor show HP.

Weird... Even though it's not the right posture for a brand like HP to have, In Portugal all Laptops/Notebooks have a 2 years warranty period. Isn't that so there, too?

I believe this is a European Union directive rather than a country based one. I would suggest you to contact HP and make them know of your rights as a customer.

Cheers.
SoftGil

Re: Boycott HP!

Postby Admin » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:41 pm

No, in the UK it's just a one year warranty unfortunately.

Jim

PS I removed your signature, it's not welcome here.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby SoftGil » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:35 pm

Just in case, however, please read item (17) of this European Directive and Article 5 (Time limits).

You may have some legal ground here.

Code: Select all
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/smartapi/cgi/sga_doc?smartapi!celexapi!prod!CELEXnumdoc&lg=EN&numdoc=31999L0044&model=guichett

Cheers.
SoftGil

Postby technogran » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:19 am

I don't think the BRU forum is really the right place to discuss issues with computer manufacturers. But as someone has already started this thread, I will go ahead and add my two pence worth!

I had a similar experience with Acer when my Acer T180 desktop died due to a motherboard failure just 2 days after the one year guarantee had expired! And even though I submitted event and error logs dating back a month before it actually died proving that faults had been developing for weeks, Acer still refused point blank to repair the machine! Consequently, I will never buy another Acer computer for as long as I live - and as I have related my expereince to all my family and friends, none of them will ever buy one either! :evil:
technogran

Return to General Comments