Rename duplicated files names with (2), (3).. (n)

Would you like Bulk Rename Command to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Rename duplicated files names with (2), (3).. (n)

Postby caarpore » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:40 am

I use this program to do masive changes on files names, my songs are clasified with number, separated by a " - ", name of author, separeted with another " - ", and song name.. I have several thousands of songs, but many of them are duplicated, when I eliminated the number, the program stops and shows that a file is duplicated, and no changes made on it. The suggestion is identify with "(2)" at the end of the complete file name, as Windows Explorer do, but Explorer made one by one, no massive.
caarpore

Re: Rename duplicated files names with (2), (3).. (n)

Postby Wilson » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:58 pm

There is a "rename duplicates" option. They hid it at the end of the manual (2.7) :roll:
Its /NODUP. It appends an underscore and a number ex: "SameSong.mp3", "SameSong_1.mp3", "SameSong_2.mp3"
Hope this helps.
Wilson

Postby grandpaterry » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:51 pm

Wilson wrote:There is a "rename duplicates" option. They hid it at the end of the manual (2.7) :roll:
Its /NODUP. It appends an underscore and a number ex: "SameSong.mp3", "SameSong_1.mp3", "SameSong_2.mp3"
Hope this helps.

I have been looking for NODUP for a hour and can't seem to find this item...HELP
grandpaterry

Postby Stefan » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:17 pm

grandpaterry wrote:I have been looking for NODUP for a hour and can't seem to find this item...HELP

Do you use Bulk Rename Command ?

Stefan

Postby grandpaterry » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:11 pm

Thanks for all the help.
grandpaterry

Return to Suggestions