Glitch when using Suffix - Wordspace

Would you like Bulk Rename Command to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Glitch when using Suffix - Wordspace

Postby mybadongt » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:44 am

My filename starts with the 12Sept 19 xxx and using the Suffix and enabling Wordspace inserts spaces making the filename 12 Sept 19 xxx. Its not a bad thing but, users need to know that the start of the filename changes too even though u want to change only the last part of the filename before the extension
mybadongt

Wordspace insert a space before any capital letter

Postby Stefan » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:29 pm

mybadongt wrote:My filename starts with the 12Sept 19 xxx and using the Suffix
and enabling Wordspace inserts spaces making the filename 12 Sept 19 xxx.

Its not a bad thing but, users need to know that the start of the filename changes too
even though u want to change only the last part of the filename before the extension

What are you talking about?
Ahh, moment, i guess you mean Bulk Rename Utility?

Well what do you expect?
"Wordspace" has nothing to do with "Suffix" or "Prefix" but with "ADDing" something.
It's in the ADD section, which affect the whole file name.

See the Bulk Rename Utility help > "Using the application > The Main Screen":
You may also choose to add a "WordSpace".
This will insert a space before any capital letter (except the first character),
unless there's a space already there.
So, the name "MyHoliday Photographs" would become "My Holiday Photographs".
Stefan

Re: Glitch when using Suffix - Wordspace

Postby therube » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:39 pm

tonak

I don't understand that?

Well what do you expect?
"Wordspace" has nothing to do with "Suffix" or "Prefix" but with "ADDing" something.

Initially, when you first look at the dialog box & the options available, that is not clear, at least it wasn't to me.
Once you understand what is happening, then you can say (to yourself), "oh, so 'Word Space' is a separate option from 'Suffix' or any other setting in 7:Add". And then you realize its a little, duh! moment & smile :-).
therube

Return to Suggestions