Bug: BRC terminates when it encounters non-dated folders

Would you like Bulk Rename Command to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Bug: BRC terminates when it encounters non-dated folders

Postby BlueMM » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:35 am

When I try to run BRC on a folder, it crashes when the folder date is empty.
Folder date empty: Windows Explorer shows it as empty, Windows Explorer properties shows it as "1 January 1970, 09:59:59" & the dir command shows it as "01/01/1970 09:59" (I'm in +10 timezone).
-> My PVR records into folders for each show, and appears to not set the folder date when writing to the NTFS HDD.

Error message shown:
Code: Select all
F:\PVRRECORD>BRC32.exe /NOFILES /PATTERN:"*.pvr" /EXECUTE /REGEXP:"(Channel)-([0-9]{4})([0-9]{4})-([0-9]{4})-(.*)":"\2 \5"

Processing Folder F:\PVRRECORD\

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

And also a Windows popup:
Bulk Rename Command has stopped working

(can choose to close the program or "check online for a solution")

I tried creating the same folder names in a test folder, which Windows sets the current date/time to each test folder, BRC didn't crash & renamed correctly.
Unsure if the bug also occurs for files (I presume so), but I haven't worked out how to create non-dated files.
Btw, BRU worked fine on the non-dated folders.
BlueMM

Re: Bug: BRC terminates when it encounters non-dated folders

Postby bru » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:07 pm

I can confirm this problem with folder-dates that are too old, and had to use FileTouch.exe(16KB) to recursively fix the dates before BRC would work again
bru

Re: Bug: BRC terminates when it encounters non-dated folders

Postby trm2 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:31 pm

BRU does not support setting timestamps older than 'January 1, 1971' - been that way since the beginning. I do

second your suggestion to implement a change.

I also have a work-around in the upcoming Volume II - setting dates prior to Jan 1971.

In addition,

The column data displayed in the Content pane will not display a date older than 'December 31, 1969'

Not sure if this info helps you with BRC but just so you know.
trm2

Return to Suggestions