wild card character

Post any Bulk Rename Command support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

wild card character

Postby J C » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:43 pm

I have files with a time added to their names that I would like to delete. This "time" is also within parenthesis that I like to remove. I have approximately 40 files, ex. (3.20), all with different times that I'd like to delete. Is it possible there's a wild character that I could use instead of going through the trouble of deleting all 40 instances individually. IE (*.**)?
J C

Re: wild card character

Postby Panchdara » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:05 pm

Better question would have included some examples of what you have and what you'd wish them to be renamed to... examples speak louder than your question.
Panchdara

Postby therube » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:24 am

Not well tested, & certainly can't know what you're looking at, but...

1:RegEx
Code: Select all
Match:  (.*)(\(\d.*\)) (.*)
Replace:  \1\3

So see if something like that comes close, then modify as needed.
therube

Postby J C » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:30 am

I will now type real slow - I have about 40 files that are song titles that end with the length on the song. An example of this would be: "Cry To Me" (1.51). I'm trying to delete the (1.51) from the end of the title. As I've said, I have at least 40 of these songs, naturally all have different titles and are of different lengths, and I would like to do this without having to do it 40 different times.
J C

Return to BRC Support