strip/subst char using ascii code and...

Post any Bulk Rename Command support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

strip/subst char using ascii code and...

Postby audiogalaxy » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:01 pm

<sorry for my bad english>

Hallo everybody; i thank Jim Willsher so much for creating BRC !...
I have a pair of questions, an issue to notice and a wish :)

Issue: The chm helpfile attached to the brc64 doesn't work for me on a Vista Business 64bit; i see that in my XPpro the brc32 attached chm works perfectly.

Wish: a [/spacerase] switch for completely remove spaces in the selected files and/or folders.

Question: how can i replace spaces everywhere (on selected folders and/or files) with something else, using regex?
Question: is it possible to replace a character using his ASCII or UNI code with something else, using an explicit replacing string, regex or an ASCII or UNI code?

Thanks everybody!

</sorry for my bad english>
audiogalaxy

Re: strip/subst char using ascii code and...

Postby audiogalaxy » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:41 am

audiogalaxy wrote:<sorry for my bad english>

Hallo everybody; i thank Jim Willsher so much for creating BRC !...
I have a pair of questions, an issue to notice and a wish :)

1) Issue: The chm helpfile attached to the brc64 doesn't work for me on a Vista Business 64bit; i see that in my XPpro the brc32 attached chm works perfectly.

2) Wish: a [/spacerase] switch for completely remove spaces in the selected files and/or folders.

3) Question: how can i replace spaces everywhere (on selected folders and/or files) with something else, using regex?
4) Question: is it possible to replace a character using his ASCII or UNI code with something else, using an explicit replacing string, regex or an ASCII or UNI code?

Thanks everybody!

</sorry for my bad english>

1) the problem remains.
2) no more needed, i've understand how to do (see point 3)
3) ok, i DON'T know how to do this using regex, but /REPLACECI:" ":"somethingelse" will do the job! :)
4) now i don't know if the problem was about some special character. Maybe point 3 solved all these kind of problems :-) :mrgreen:
audiogalaxy

Return to BRC Support