Hightlighting Active Rename Areas

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Postby jmazor » Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:03 pm

I often try to refine my renaming by tweaking two or three of the rename function areas (like Find & Replace, Add, Delete, etc.). The best way to do that is to reset one or two areas, but not all of them.

Problem is that sometimes I don't realize that a particular area is set, and I fail to reset it.

Could you highlight the areas that are active. For example, look at your screen shot at http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Screenshots.php. See how Areas 7 and 12 are highlighted. Something like that would be a big help.

Thanks for everything.
jmazor

Postby Admin » Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:15 pm

Can you tell me what operating system you are using? This functionality is already built into the system - you need to enable the "highlight active criteria" menu option within the program.

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Postby jmazor » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:23 pm

Wow - now I see it -- a little yellow border.
I'm using Win XP Pro, and the setting is as you indicate.
Its just such a light border, that I didn't see it before and it is hard to see.
Is it supposed to be a highlighting of the entire little box?
jmazor

Postby Admin » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:34 pm

It highlights the back of the box text (not the whole box), *exactly* as shown in the help. However, it sounds like you are working in XP "classic" mode, e.g. Windows 2000 mode (Control Panel, Display, Appearance). In this mode you just see a thin yellow box (outside my control).

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions