Fix Drag & Drop

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Fix Drag & Drop

Postby JS4269 » Thu May 14, 2020 7:04 pm

I absolutely love this utility !!!

However, drag and drop doesn't work right. If I drag from a windows explorer window which has focus (is fronted), then drag and drop usually doesn't work - only one of the selected files is dropped. If I select the files I want to drop and then change focus to the BRU window (front it), and then drag the files from the explorer window which doesn't have focus, then usually the files will correctly load into the BRU.

Occasionally, it is impossible to successfully drag and drop files no matter what I try. Sometimes some, but not all, files will drop. And sometimes no files will drop. I have not been able to identify what causes this particular behavior. It is not related to file name length or path name length. Moving or copying the files to another location has no impact. Renaming the files to something else also has no impact. What will work is to drag the parent directory into the BRU; however, that is not always convenient if I only want a subset of the files renamed.
JS4269

Re: Fix Drag & Drop

Postby Admin » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:58 am

Hi, this issue should be fixed in the latest version, thank you for reporting it.
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions