Rename all files in subfolders based on mask

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Rename all files in subfolders based on mask

Postby Nashemon » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:59 am

I love this utility. I use it for so many things and it's saved me weeks worth of time. But I've come across something I can't figure out, and I haven't been able to find anyone on the Internet with the same issue or figure out how best to describe the issue to a search engine, so here I am.

What I'm trying to do is this. Add "REMASTERED" to the end of all files that are within folders that contain the word "REMASTERED".

I have a folder with several hundred folders with names based on movie titles, their year, and what edition they are (if any). Within each of those folders are files with the movie title, and the year. I want to append the edition (remastered, extended, director's cut, etc) to the file names within each of them. At the moment, I'm ok with doing each edition separately, and I can do this one at a time by going into each folder with each edition manually, but I'm wondering if there's a way to do this in bulk from the top folder "Movies".

Structure:

Movies
---The.Thing.1982.1080p.BluRay.x264.DTS
------The Thing (1982).jpg
------The Thing (1982).mkv
------The Thing (1982).nfo
---The.Thing.1982.REMASTER.1080p.BluRay.X264
------The Thing (1982).jpg
------The Thing (1982).mkv
------The Thing (1982).nfo

I'm familiar with using Filters (12) to mask the word "*REMASTERED*" with asterisks to find the folders I want to work with, and checking both Subfolders and Files to view the files within the folders, but it doesn't list the files, because they themselves don't have the word "REMASTERED" on them yet. It's almost like I need a second search mask, or a display all files in folders based on the mask filter.

Any guidance is appreciated!
Nashemon

Re: Rename all files in subfolders based on mask

Postby Admin » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:56 am

Hi,

in Filters (12) , using Condition...

object('folder').indexOf('REMASTERED')>=0

will filter all objects that have the word REMASTERED in the folder path.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rename all files in subfolders based on mask

Postby Nashemon » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:23 pm

Wow! That does exactly what I needed! It worked perfectly. Thank you so much!
Nashemon

Return to BRU Support