BulkRename presets in the right click menu of Windows

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

BulkRename presets in the right click menu of Windows

Postby Shiba » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:41 am

I have a simple idea!
This could make Bulk Rename so much faster to use.

I select a few files in windows. Right click. The right click menu of windows appear ans I see the "Bulk Rename Utility" entry in the menu as usual.
But if I hover the cursor on that entry a sub menu appear to have direct access to my presets of BulkRename!

I don't need to Open Bulk Rename and then open a preset I saved etc. Just one click and those files are renamed using the preset I choose! And Bulk Rename is also closed automatically after it finished renaming.

Please do it! It could be so fast to use!
In my experience I use Bulkrename 90% of the time to use it with only two or three presets. So having those presets immediately accessible in windows interface is good.

Another approach could be to choose the preset as I said before but instead of renaming automatically Bulkrename will start and then it will load the preset. But it will not rename anything until I click rename manually. So I still can change a few option before proceeding
Shiba

Re: BulkRename presets in the right click menu of Windows

Postby therube » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:03 pm

The preset being a .bru ?

When you install BRU, does it set up (or optionally set up) an association to .bru files?
If so, clicking a .bru should cause BRU to open.

Otherwise, suppose you could try setting up an association such that clicking a .bru causes BRU to open.

I guess the question on the BRU end is can both a .bru & a directorypath be passed to the program?
(Might not be able to? Currently, might be an either/or?)

If it could, it addition to "BRU here", you could ".bru here".

---
therube

Postby Shiba » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:46 pm

Hi.
Yes I was talking about the bru files.

It can be useful to right click on a selection of files in windows explorer and in the menu find a submenu for bulkrename where you can accessdirectly the last used bru files!

So when Bulkrename start the files are already selected and the bru is already loaded and the user shoudl just click "Rename".

That's all.
Shiba

Postby Snard » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:36 pm

Hi,

I was coming to the forum today to make the very same suggestion. I currently launch the program by right-clicking and choosing "Bulk Rename Here", then I use the File > Recent menu to choose from one of my recently loaded .bru files. But it would be even more convenient to be able to do this in a single operation.

Thanks,
Mike
Snard

Return to Suggestions