Case option

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Case option

Postby nightnurse » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:23 am

Hi -
I rip loads of music to store on my computer (in FLAC format) and to save time I just enter the file name as 'artists - title', I can then use the file name to create tags. I use Bulk Rename to convert the file name to Title, in the 'case' option. Now I come to the problem...I have loads of classical music, where the title contains words in inverted commas..(i.e. 'movement 1'). because the case option doesn't work on the first word in inverted commas it looks strange, and causes me problems when using the file name to 'tag' the file. An option to include the first word in 'inverted commas' would save me lots of time, and make tagging the files more easier.

Thanks..Bryan
nightnurse

Re: Case option

Postby KHL » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:36 pm

Hi Bryan,

this behaviour also causes myself lots of problems. I'm actually trying to sort it out via Mp3tag. Please take a look for yourself: http://www.mp3tag.de/

Cheers
Karl-Heinz
KHL

Re: Case option

Postby nightnurse » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:18 pm

Hi Karl

I use a program similar to the one you mention...go to http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm to see it.

- Thanks - Bryan -
nightnurse

Workaround for changing cases after '

Postby KHL » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:20 am

Hi Bryan,

there MAY be a solution using RegEx, but I'm not familiar at all.

But you can use this workaround instead:
1) Replace all inverted commas to a character you normally won't use for naming, e.g. ~ (including a blank afterwards!). The blank is mandatory to let BRU recognize all words for title changes!
This would e.g. change "The ride of the valkyries 'movement 1'.flac" to "The ride of the valkyries ~ movement 1~ .flac"
2) Change the cases to Title
3) Re-change the replacement characters back to the inverted commas.
Result would be the desired "The Ride Of The Valkyries 'Movement 1'.flac"

Hope this helps.
Now back to work...

Cheers
Karl-Heinz
KHL

Return to Suggestions