Suggestions for New Location (12)

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Suggestions for New Location (12)

Postby B_Exc » Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:14 pm

This is a fine piece of software, thanks for your efforts. Works well on W98se, 200MHz (old) computer.

If possible, when you click the Browse for New Folder (...) button (when using New Location function), add a "Create New Folder" button? This would greatly increase the utility especially when moving .mp3 around to a folder that does not yet exist. Now, must bounce back to Explorer and add the new folder before continuing.

Also, a button to perform a move to the new location in place of the copy would be nice.

Thanks again
B_Exc

Postby Admin » Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:43 pm

Hi B_Exc,

Both these features are now available in the Beta version on the website.

I'll be particularly keen to see how well the "New Location Browse" feature works on 98, since I don't currently have access to 98.

If possible, could you take it for a test-drive and report back? The release is stable, so you should have no concerns.

Jim

PS The Move/Copy flag is via a menu option.
Admin
Site Admin

Beta Version Test with W98se

Postby B_Exc » Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:07 am

I am happy to test drive your beta version, I tried it on 2 machines, both W98se. One is an old 200MHz Micron, standard video board from the manufacturer, 256M RAM. The other is a Toshiba CT320 laptop (also not new).

The program works well on both units. The new layout is very nice, especially the increased area for file name changes.

The only surprise is... I cannot fine the browser button to make a new directory when sending renamed files to a new location. Is there a menu switch somewhere that I missed?
B_Exc

Postby Admin » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:11 am

I thought that might be the case. It's a WIndows API call, and I'm pretty sure it's not available on 08, just 2000 or later.....

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions