Adding options to customize order of processing?

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Adding options to customize order of processing?

Postby DefAnt » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:59 pm

I was having minor problems but easy to get around it. My expressions were not working because it was looking for a specific set of letters. Z instead of z, and some but not all the files are z, the rest are Z.

So I was replacing the z with Z. However, you have to run it once for that to take effect. Then run it a 2nd time for the Expression to take effect.

Would you be able to add options to allow us to customize which set of rules goes first?

Like, I'd want Replace, Remove, RegEx, Add, then Number.
Rather then, RegEx, Replace, Remove, Add, Number.

Moving RegEx to 3rd in the list of processes rather then 1st?

Thanks for reading. it's only a suggestion by the way, I thought it'd be better if you had a "Preferences" or "Settings" window that opened, but upon looking there is no such window....
DefAnt

Re: Adding options to customize order of processing?

Postby Admin » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:57 am

Hello,

yes, I agree, it would be useful in some cases to change the order, which can now be done only by setting an option, save it to a BRU file then setting the next option and save it to a second BRU file, basically do the rename but in two steps!
thanks for the feedback.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Adding options to customize order of processing?

Postby DefAnt » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:17 pm

Well the way mine is set up, I don't need to do 2 BRU settings, just need to run it twice and it usually works. Rarely 3 times cause of our Sources not putting something right as they should be.

Thanks though. It was just a thought :)
DefAnt

Return to Suggestions