Change Media attributes

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Change Media attributes

Postby ag346 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:26 pm

I think that this great program could be made even greater if it had the ability to change media attributes. I have not been able to find another tool that already does that easily and it seems like a natural fit for the Bulk Rename Utility.
ag346

Re: Change Media attributes

Postby Admin » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:51 am

Hi, what do you mean be 'Media attributes'? thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Postby stefanaalten » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:07 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to do this too. I think what ag346 is referring to is whether BRU can be used to change file *properties*, rather than the file *name*. For example, with a collection of MP3 files, to change the "Title" property based on some sort of rule. Specifically, what I would like to do is to prefix the "Title" property with the Track Number.

Orig. file: Filename "Whatever.mp3", Title property "Some title", Track Number property "123"
Change to: Filename "Whatever.mp3", Title property "123 Some title", Track Number property "123"

Is this possible with BRU? If not, could you perhaps suggest an alternative way? I have approx. 500 files and doing them manually is a faff (do-able, but I'm lazy!) :-)

Thanks,

Stefan
stefanaalten

Postby jinglesdaddy » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:00 am

Great suggestions. I would like access to image properties to include the date taken in the file name. (sorry, that is a separate issue.)
jinglesdaddy

Postby RamPc » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:38 pm

Hey, is this feature available?

Im trying to rename or remove TITLE attribute from some videos files.
To many to do this manually.

Thanks!

:D
RamPc

Return to Suggestions