Help making BRC work

Post any Bulk Rename Command support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Help making BRC work

Postby Tom b » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:04 pm

Hello all,

I am behind with all this DOS stuff so please assume I am totally ignorant and need complete details (Step by step) in a process/direction. I thank you for your kindness.

I have Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and using Bulk Rename Utility version 2.7.1.3
I made a folder of 1185 music files. Some of these music files need their filename changed only.

Filename example - Wonder, Stevie - My Eyes Don't Cry No More - 88 – Line Dance - .mp3
Needs changing to - Stevie Wonder - My Eyes Don't Cry No More - 88 – Line Dance - .mp3

Now some names are a little more difficult.
Filename example – Lewis, Huey & The News - Heart Of Rock & Roll - 83.mp3
Needs changing to - Huey Lewis & The News - Heart Of Rock & Roll - 83.mp3

Still other names are much more difficult.
Filename example – Mellencamp, John Cougar - Authority Song – 84 – Rock, Heartland.mp3
Needs changing to - John Cougar Mellencamp - Authority Song – 84 – Rock, Heartland.mp3
Please notice, there is a (coma + space) in the name and also in the Genre. Only the name needs changing.

** What I would like to do is: **
Copy all files needing filename changed to a new directory. That would be any music file that has a (, ) or (coma + space) in the file name. How do I search for that, highlight only that and move or copy them into their own folder?

Then change the file names as explained above.

Thanks for any help,
Tom
Tom b

Swap reorder rearrange Artist Title Song order

Postby Stefan » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:16 pm

Hi Tom,

PLEASE use a more descriptive subject for your thread (I have seen that to late, else I didn't had answered at all)

TOM> ** What I would like to do is: **
TOM> Copy all files needing filename changed to a new directory.
TOM> That would be any music file that has a (, ) or (coma + space) in the file name.
TOM> How do I search for that, highlight only that and move or copy them into their own folder?

you could use FORFILES to copy the wanted files to sub folder ABC

C:\Main folder>forfiles /M *,* /C "cmd /c COPY @file ABC"

TOM> Then change the file names as explained above.

That seems to be tricky.
There are already a lot of examples in the forum, maybe you can adapt one of them?

Best divide your files into lots with same file name pattern, and use a different RegEx for each of that lots.

Please wait a few seconds then submit. Thank you.

Stefan

Return to BRC Support