numbering + last settings

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

numbering + last settings

Postby csoki741 » Thu May 26, 2005 10:35 am

Hello Jim,

First of all: it is a great program, I was very happy to find it!!!!
I will use it for downloading photos from my digitalcamera. But I would like to have two more functions is order to have a really suitable utility:

1. Would it be possible to make a checkbox to the numbering, in order to start numbering from the last number?

2. I would like to see the possibility to automatically load with the last settings. (without loading a BRU file) Options - Favourites - Save on exit seems not to work ...

Thanks,
Balazs
csoki741

Postby Admin » Thu May 26, 2005 1:56 pm

Hi Balazs,

With the "restart" do you mean restart from the last number in the directory? or the last number which was generated?

With the second question, can you explain? It should reload your last-used BRU fle when you relaunch.

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Postby csoki741 » Mon May 30, 2005 1:07 pm

Hi Jim,

To the second question: it is working well, sorry.

First: both method would be very usefull. To modify to continue with the last generated number is not a hard task I guess :) , but to look for the last number in a directory could be problematic... :shock: Or not? :D

I found an other possibility to improve your program:
as you select a directory for the "new location" would it be possible to create a new folder? (just one more button to the bottom on the window)

Balazs
csoki741

Return to Suggestions