Strange behaviour of Copy/Move To Location column

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Strange behaviour of Copy/Move To Location column

Postby JMM » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:26 pm

In the file list, I disable showing the column 'Copy/Move To Location (13)', but if the criteria is active, the column is shown again whenever I select files (not always), after a rename (always), refreshing the list (always, e.g. changing the filters or pressing the refresh button next to the filter).

Is it a bug or is there something wrong I'm doing? I know the criteria is active, in my screen it's actually the largest criteria and when it's active it's hard to miss, so I don't want the column to show at all ever. Related to topic viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3165 and that's why I don't want it to appear again as it messes up my selection process many times.
JMM

Re: Strange behaviour of Copy/Move To Location column

Postby Admin » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:44 am

Hi, I think that column is shown if you activate the Copy/Move to Location (13) criteria.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Strange behaviour of Copy/Move To Location column

Postby JMM » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:32 pm

Then it's an 'undocumented feature' I wouldn't want at all. First, I don't think there's a real reason for it, since it's quite obvious if the copy/move criteria is active, and second, messes up my working space if the column appears without me wanting it. It's not very coherent, like, would you activate the 'modified' column if you choose to use that info in the autodate criteria? I'd request it to not appear automatically, but only when explicitly activated like the rest of the columns.

Thanks for taking it into consideration.
JMM

Return to BRU Support