Macro or Batch processing support

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Macro or Batch processing support

Postby Sparky21 » Fri May 26, 2017 11:30 pm

Hi Folks,

Firstly Love the tool, thank you so much for the free license.

I use BRU a lot on downloaded files. I have to rename these d/l'ed files each time a fresh manually, yet most the renaming is the same. I remove "." and replace with spaces, then set about removing brrip, dvdrip, ac3-evo, 720p, 1080p each time manually on each batch of files to be renamed.

Any chance of a batch processing system or macro ability to let the user set up a whole bunch of standard renaming tasks to run automagically? I can see the Javascript support probably for that purpose, but know not how to write script. Any more simple scripting option would be great, if possible.

Thanks in advance for the reply
Sparky21

Re: Macro or Batch processing support

Postby KenP » Sat May 27, 2017 12:15 am

You can save a renaming process if that's what you mean.

Set up your renaming process then "File / Save As", you will save the process as a .bru file, you can then open the .bru file and select the files you want to rename.

Be aware that once you've loaded a .bru file it will remain loaded even after closing and reopening BRU, hitting the reset button won't stop that happening, what I do is hit Ctrl+N to reset the program tot he default settings.
KenP

Postby Sparky21 » Sat May 27, 2017 12:19 am

Awsome stuff. Sorry to bother as I can't find it easily (for me at least), where do I go to start a "renaming process"? But rereading your reply I think it might not be what I am trying ti imply. Each time I have a batch of files to be renamed, they are different file names. But carry many similar aspects to the naming convention.
Sparky21

Postby KenP » Sat May 27, 2017 12:26 am

By renaming process I mean just enter all the things you do to rename your files.
KenP

Postby Sparky21 » Sat May 27, 2017 3:06 am

Quicker for me in that instance then to jus carry on the way I do it now. Loading all the bru files for every change to a file would be a pain.

Always remain open to suggestions of course :-)

Gary
Sparky21

Return to Suggestions