Need to rename a group of files but only the last part

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Need to rename a group of files but only the last part

Postby dbonilla » Tue May 30, 2017 9:37 pm

This is a really good utility, keep the good work. :lol:

Need to rename a group of files but only the last part, we Ran a backup utility and the backup instead of replacing the file just create the same name file but add the _1 at the end.

for example file name: company_date_110854_data.doc it created a new file in the same folder named: company_date_110854_data_1.doc, what i want to do is only replace the _1 at the end only, if you notice the file also in the middle of the name has the date that start with _1, i dont want to change that, when i use this settings(check screenshot here:http://prntscr.com/fdz4zi) it is replacing also the Date part, i just only want to change the last part of the file.

it is posible to do that.

thanks in advance
dbonilla

Re: Need to rename a group of files but only the last part

Postby KenP » Tue May 30, 2017 10:15 pm

This will remove any _1 that's immediately before the file extension.

RegEx (1)
Match: (.*)_[1]$
Replace: \1
KenP

Postby dbonilla » Tue May 30, 2017 10:43 pm

KenP wrote:This will remove any _1 that's immediately before the file extension.

RegEx (1)
Match: (.*)_[1]$
Replace: \1

Thanks for the quick reply, it works but eventhough im using the "prevent Duplicates" and "overwrite / delete exisiting files" option still keeping the same duplicate file i would like to overwrite to keep only one.

Thanks
dbonilla

Postby dbonilla » Wed May 31, 2017 4:23 am

I see it is taking the _1 at the end but the issue is that is adding a space at the beginning i would like to keep the same name so i can overwrite the other file and only keep one file.

any advise?
dbonilla

Postby KenP » Wed May 31, 2017 9:55 am

Sorry I couldn't get back to this earlier.

The regex I posted doesn't add a space at the start of the file-name, the issue with that is almost certainly that you've left a space before \1 in the replace box.

The Match box should be (.*)_[1]$ with no spaces before or after what I've coloured blue.
The Replace box should be \1 with no spaces before or after what I've coloured blue.
KenP

Return to BRU Support