Help with getting started...

A swapping-ground for Regular Expression syntax

Help with getting started...

Postby Cloth Ears » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:40 am

Hi,

First time BRU user and it looks a little daunting. I'm generally fairly good at working out a concept, but this RegEx match and replace stuff has got me a bit stumped. And some of the examples I've read about have not managed to start me either. Can someone give me a hand in helping me work on my first couple (with a bit of help as to how they were worked out)?

I've got a bunch of tracks (backed up from CDs, for my own use). But they've been downloaded using a few different formats, over a number of years. I want to end up with:
(01) name of song.wav (or mp3)
I currently have a number of prefixes that I want to convert to the above format:
Track No01 -
(01) Track No01 -
Track01 -

There's also a number of tracks with expressions I want to remove, like:
(Mono) or (mono)
[Original Mix]
Yusuf -
, Frank Sinatra
...and so on. Any assistance with how I create the correct mask and how to replace it would be of great assistance. In some of the previous replies, I can see how the replacement is simply joining two phrases together (like '/1 /3') from the Match - but I'm damned if I can see how the Match expression worked. It would be great if I could get some help!

JR
('Cloth Ears' is because my first forum was an audio forum - and I just kept on using it...)
Cloth Ears

Return to Regular Expressions