How to rename specific parts of a filename

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Re: How to rename specific parts of a filename

Postby uraniumbreather » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:39 pm

New problem (Still haven't tried your last reply - haven't got round to that part of my file organisation yet).

Some screenshots have names like this:

Screen Shot 2017-09-16 at 23.33.54 1
Screen Shot 2017-09-16 at 23.33.54 2
Screen Shot 2017-09-16 at 23.33.54 3
Screen Shot 2017-09-16 at 23.33.54

Windows organises them like this. I need them organised so that the last one (without the number at the end) is first (It is in fact the first file. The screenshots are taken on a Mac, then they've been transferred to a Windows machine. Windows does this to the files.

At the moment what I am doing is manually going through and adding a '0' at the end. This is a long process and often I miss files (I have over 15k files).

Sometimes there can be up to 4 (so 1, 2, 3, and 4 added at the end of the file names). Sometimes there is only 1. Other times there are 2 or 3. So we need to take into account that the number of files created isn't fixed and can vary.

There are files in that folder with different times and dates that do not have any numbers at the end (multiple screenshots that were not taken in quick secession, so they fall outside of the same 1 second).
Now those files do NOT need to be altered. It's only the files that have no number but are part of screenshots taken within the same second.

Is there a quicker way to do this using Bulk Rename?

Thanks
uraniumbreather

Previous

Return to BRU Support