I love this utility! I have run into two things today that left me scratching my head.
1. When using the "Import Rename-Pairs", any file names with Chinese, Korean, Cyrillic (Russian), etc, characters will fail to import. The normal latin character file names in the same import file work fine. When I say it will fail to import, I mean that it doesn't recognize the file name as matching a record in the import file.
2. When turning on "Log Activity", it doesn't actually create a log file. I need a record of what the original file name was and what the new file name is and I was hoping to use the log file for that. I am running Windows 7 (64 bit) and the Bulk Rename Utility is 22.214.171.124 (64-bit) which installed to c:\program files\. The help file says that the log file will be in the same directory as the Bulk Rename Utility exe and will have the same name but an extension of .log. It is nowhere to be found after renaming files and exiting the program. I tried everything I could think of and never could find a log file.
I thought I would pass this along for future fixes. This is the only powerful rename utility I have found.